Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between co-curricular and extra-curricular?
Co-Curricular experiences reflect student involvement that occurs outside of the classroom, on campus and are directly linked to a campus service, department or School.                     
Extracurricular experiences reflect student involvement that occurs outside the classroom, are not directly linked to a campus service, department or School.
What is a CCR?
The Co-curricular record (CCR) allows students to record the experiences they have participated in outside of the classroom that provide employability skills as a result. This can include on-campus jobs, volunteer positions, workshops, conference, events and more!
Why use a CCR?
  1. CCRs allow students to search for skill development experiences available through Humber College or the University of Guelph-Humber. For a video tutorial on how to search for CCR experiences click here.
  2. CCRs encourage and recognize student involvement outside of the classroom.
  3. CCRs support intentional learning that occurs as a result of student involvement in co-curricular experiences.
  4. CCRs are a search tool for students wishing to find co-curricular experiences at Humber College or the University of Guelph-Humber
What are the benefits of CCRs?
  1. CCRs provide students with a validated and authenticated record of their co-curricular experiences.
  2. CCR provide students with a tool to share and articulate skills from their co-curricular experiences to potential employers, graduate schools, and more.
  3. CCRs promote student involvement throughout Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber.
What experiences can be added to my CCR?
Experiences must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for inclusion on Humber and Guelph-Humber's Co-curricular record:
  1. Must be co-curricular in nature: not part of the academic curriculum, tied to grades, or awards.
  2. Must provide valuable competency development, i.e. provide meaningful learning opportunities for students.
  3. Have an approved affiliation with Humber or Guelph-Humber per validator's departmental protocol.
  4. Can be accurately validated by a staff/faculty member.
  5. All experiences must adhere to the Code of Student Conduct.
This may include:
  • Paid Positions
  • Volunteer Positions
  • On-Campus Positions
  • Off-Campus Positions
  • Service Learning
  • Conference attendees, organizers or speakers
  • Research Assistants
  • Training and Workshops Varsity Athletics and Extramurals
  • Committees
What if an experience is not listed?
Contact to inquire about having an experience listed on the CCR that meets the above criteria.
Who will validate a student's experience?
Validators for each experience have been pre-selected and trained on the validation process. They are usually the staff member who is responsible for supervisor or coordinating the experience. Please refer to the detailed experience description to identify your validator.
How will I be notified if a request for validation is accepted / declined?
You will be notified via the CCR notification system once successfully logged in.
Can I add experiences that I completed in previous years?
No. The CCR will not be retroactive, and all experiences must be added during the same academic year in which the experience was completed.
What does the authenticity code mean?
All records have an Authenticity code that will verify the legitimacy of the record. You can authenticate a record here: